Thursday, December 17, 2009

Someone's Watching Over Me

Thursday, December 17, 2009



So I won't give up, no I wont' break down,
Sooner than it seems life turns around,
And I will be strong, even if it all goes wrong
When I'm standing in the dark I'll still believe
Someone's watching over me.


Artist: Hilary Duff

I only recently discovered this song. I must say it touched me deeply right now since I lost someone I love just the other day. It's what he would have said to me...in a way.


Dear Zhy,

Why did you leave me? I thought I was going to carry on if ever you're gone, now I know I can't live without you. I was just asking for some time to see you, but why didn't you wait for me? I don't know what to do. I don't know what to feel. But this is reality and it's slapping me right now, that I can't be in denial any more, that you were really gone.

It's my entire fault, on what have I done to us, and I'm going to carry this burden for the rest of my life. I don't really know what's the real meaning of the words "turn back time", until now. But
if I can, I will not, even though there is a part of me that wants to hold on to you forever. I know you're happy from where you are right now, and I don't want you to suffer from pain any more. I understand that we will never see each other again. But, you are not gone forever, no matter what happens and what comes into my life. You are standing with God, guiding me everyday towards the future that I cannot predict.
Justify Full
This is not a goodbye. This is a thank you. Thank you for coming into my life. Thank you for loving me and receiving my love in return. Thank you for the memories I will cherish forever. Thank you for showing me how to be brave and holding on for life, for our loved ones. But most of all, thank you for showing me that there will come a time to eventually let go, not for someone else but for ourselves.

Right now, I don't think I'm ready but you leave me with no choice. Because of you, I am hopeful that there will come a day when my sadness is replaced by something beautiful. Because of you, I have the strength to go on.

I love you. For the rest of my life.

-j-

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Pink-Lilac Dreams. Design by Pocket