Sunday, October 25, 2009

You Found Me

Sunday, October 25, 2009


In the end, everyone ends up alone
Losing her, the only one who's ever known
Who I am, who I'm not, who I want to be

No way to know how long she will be next to me



Song: You Found Me
Artist: The Fray
Album: The Fray



I'm quoting this from Isaac's interview.

You Found Me is a tough song for me. It started from just a song with a lot of hate towards God. More of questions, "why". It's about the disappointment, the heart ache, the let down that comes with life. Sometimes you're let down, sometimes you're the one who lets someone else down. It gets hard to know who you can trust, who you can count on.

"This song came out of a tough time, and I'm still right in the thick of it. There's some difficult circumstances my family and friends have been going through over the past year or so and can be overwhelming. It wears on me.

It demands so much of my faith to keep believing, keep hoping in the unseen. Sometimes, the tunnel has a light at the end, but usually, they just look black as night. This is about that feeling, and the hope that I still have, buried deep in my chest.

I've been trying to read reviews from other sites. It has really nothing to do with God, it does, but it's not really what the song is aimed to be perceived by. This song is written from the human perspective.

It's about the problem with evil, why bad things happen to good people, after some of their friends and family went through very tough times.



Sometimes, in our life, we questions God why he was too late...why in some instances, he took everything from us. In our eyes, it may seem like He was too late. In reality, it was our own fault. We find ourselves looking in the wrong places to find peace and happiness, but then we realize that God has been there the whole time, we just need to take the effort to find Him.

Even though we must suffer pain and death on this earth, God is with us always. We tend to get angry with God for letting war and other human suffering happen to us. Like the caterpillar who must force their way out of the cocoon, we are to born into pain through birth. It's only through life with love for others that we find God in ourselves.


Check out their album "The Fray" available now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Pink-Lilac Dreams. Design by Pocket