Thursday, September 17, 2009

Dear God

Thursday, September 17, 2009
Dear God / The only thing I ask of you is / To hold her when I'm not around / When I'm much too far away.



Song: Dear God
Artist: Avenged Sevenfold

Album: Avenged Sevenfold


"Dear God" is the tenth and final song as well as fourth single from Avenged Sevenfold's self-titled album. It was released on September 30, 2008. Avenged Sevenfold is an American rock band from Huntington Beach, California and was formed in 1999. Other successful tracks included in this album are: "Critical Acclaim","Almost Easy","Afterlife" and "Scream".

This song is very different from their usual style. But nevertheless, it's still amazing. The voice is simply impressive, the lyrics are great, and the melody is excellent. It's an evidence that they can pull off any genre of music, whether it be country, hardrock, or metalcore.

It has some kind of jolt feeling...makes me want to listen for it again and again. I think people who have been parted from the ones they love all partake something within the meaning of this song.

And I'm not an exclusion. This song is very close to my heart. It completely describes my relationship with my boyfriend. So, we both used to live here in the Philippines. Then last year, he just moved away to Melbourne leaving me behind. But, it's not the kind of story where he left me without some reason. Medical technology was much favorable there, so they're decisive to carry out the treatment at RMH for his brain cancer which is at terminal stage already. I let him go because I don't want him to die. It probably will give me a greater heartbreak if that happens.




Until now, I can't get through the days when I'm missing him. I can barely stand it at first. I feel like I don't want to carry on without him.



Then, came the moment where all I can do is prayed to God to hold him always because I'm not around. I asked Him to keep him safe at all times.




It's likely to say that concern is automatic and worry is just natural. But yeah, this is what life is like. I know the inevitable consequences must someday reach it's horizon...the heart-rending sorrow of the final goodbye must always arrive too soon. But, he promise to hold on and stay strong and he will return, so I will always be waiting for him. That was my only heart's concern.


Check out their album "Avenged Sevenfold" available now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Pink-Lilac Dreams. Design by Pocket