Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Let Me Be Myself

Tuesday, September 15, 2009
I guess I just got lost / bein' someone else / I tried to kill the pain / Nothin' ever helped / I left myself behind / Somewhere along the way / Hopin' to come back around / To find myself someday





It is the second main single by rock band 3 Doors Down from their eponymous self-titled studio album. The song was released on December 2, 2008. This song is a power ballad, similar to previous hits by the band, "Be Like That" and "Here Without You".

It is one of my favorite track from the album. It really hit me on my personal spot. And I have to admit, when I first heard this song, I really cried. Sorry, but I have an emotional reaction to everything and anything. It speaks about people telling other people that they can't be this...they can't be that. And I understand many of you are going through this yourselves, in the past or at the moment. As you were growing up, people tried to directly influenced your direction, telling who you're supposed to be instead of supporting the things you loved.

From my perspective, it is simple as this:

You become somebody else at the expense (because) of another person. You feel as if you totally shifted...that you were like a completely different or rather opposite person. And now you want to be yourself once again.



Now, I just want you to have a final understanding. Believe me when I say this...but of course, I know you're aware of this. None of this is going to happen if you just let yourself be YOURSELF. You're the only one who truly understand YOURSELF. It's none of your business to care what people might say to you...what they might think of you.



Never allowed somebody else to treat you like a puppet. Be proudly honest with yourself. Aim beyond what you expect for yourself...I know, I'm so sorry. I used the word "yourself" too often, but it's all about you. It's actually better than what they could've planned for. You're far greater than what they thought. Prove everybody wrong. In the end, you'll be living a very...very...happy life, wherever you are, whatever you're doing.


Check out their album "3 Doors Down" available now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

most of us usually dont notice that others dont let us to be ourselves..coz i think we usually go with the flow without thinking where do we really wanna be..

i like this blog and now im following you..hope you will like mine too..

JoJo said...

Wow! thank you for the nice things you've said about my blog. Please check out my incoming posts and let me know what you think about it? =] wow, thank you i really appreciate it!

Post a Comment

 
Pink-Lilac Dreams. Design by Pocket